BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

MEEE BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!

So my birthday was pretty much the most awesome birthday I have had in a very long time :). But there is a sequence of events that lead up to the story of the night of my birthday. To start with...

Thursday: Madison got her mission call. It was so exciting, when I found out I was shaking uncontrollably. Sadly I had no car to get to her, so I told her we were going to have a sleepover and that I would buy her breakfast in the morning to celebrate. So that night I stayed up and waited for her to get off work. I told her to text me when she got there so I could let her in. When she finally texted me at 2 in the morning that she was here, I went to let her in, but she was sitting in her car collecting her things. She didn't even notice but I went right up to the window and put my face super close to the window...when she finally turned around she screamed and jumped so high haha it was so awesome, little did I know I would soon regret it. That night she couldn't sleep because she was so excited, so we stayed up all night and talked. At about 5 in the morning we decided we weren't going to sleep so we went to ihop. We finished around 6 and that's when I decided I needed a nap before I had to go to work for a 6 hour shift that Friday...

Friday: I worked a 6 hour shift, and was ready to sleep since I was super sleep deprived. I went to get my broken down car, hoping that it would at least make it far enough to get me home. It stalled once, but then restarted. When I was about 1 mile away from my apt. it stalled but would not start up agian, so I pushed it by myself into Walgreen's parking lot and packed up all that I could from inside it, and started walking home. I was so tired it felt like a 3 mile walk in the heat and all the stuff I was packing. But I was so grateful that I was a lot closer than I could have been. When I got home, I laid down on the couch to talk to my roommate Kirsten, and was out like a light at 8 oclock. I wished really bad that I could have just slept the whole night through, but I had to set my alarm for 2 in the morning cuz the plan was Madi would pick me up after she got off work to go to Avondale, where we would be partying on the day of my birth. I was in and out of sleep, when Madi finally texted me she got off. A short while later I was on the verge of slipping into a sleep again, when I heard not only Madi's voice but some other voice singing happy birthday to me. I was in total shock, I was only expecting Madi and I was in the most ridic pajamas I have. It was Kelly and Madi and they had brought me a Buzz Lightyear cake. It was so surprising. I never expected anything of the sort. After cake me and Madi were off to Avondale. We got there at about 4 a.m. and that is when Madi finally gave me my birthday present that I have been so curious about for like ever!!! She explained to me before she gave it to me, that since she met me she has wanted to give me "this" but has never knew how. Then she gave me a black box, and inside was a silver necklace with a dove with diamonds in it. And on the back engraved into it says "peace". I love it so much. She always has the most thoughtful gifts, I almost cried. I will always wear it, and it will help me keep her close while she is away on her mish...


Saturday: Me and Madi woke up in the afternoon to go to lunch at Olive Garden. It was very delish and I loved it. Then we went home, and watched The Wedding Singer. Sadly after that she had to go to work, so she took me home and I got ready for the night out with all my friends from work. But I had no clue what was going on because no one was texting me, and I was not included in the planing. Finally I got a hold of people and the plan was Tempe Market Place, 7 O'clock. But no one knew where we were going to eat or what we were going to do still. We all met there and decided on Red Robin. Dinner was so fun: Brit, Dennis, Julia, Josh, Ben, Me, Zach, and Dennis' friend. Unfortunately Josh tied a balloon around my wrist, so the waitress knew it was my birthday, so after we ate she got a huge group of other waiters and waitresses and they sang a very obnoxious song. But I got a free dessert so it was so worth it. After that we went and picked Tiarah up from work and all piled into Dennis' truck and "painted" the town...if you know what I mean haha. Then we went swimming at the Haven apt. we swam until 2ish throwing around a volley ball. After that it hit me hard. I was so tired, I haven't slept in 3 nights and had church at 830 in the a.m. on Sunday. So we all departed, and I was so excite to finally get to sleep...

Sunday: Now this is the part that I am paying for scaring Madison that Thursday night. She texted me and said that she was on her way to get me. Then after a while she texted me and told me that she was outside and to come out. So I texted her back "k". But was still trying to get my stuff together. I was in the bathroom putting some finishing touches on my face, when I turned around and Madi is just creepily sitting on the edge of the bed staring at me. I jumped so high, and screamed so loud. I literally was so scared I ran into my closet!!!! My heart almost had heart failure. She got me so good :( But I did warn her that tonight she is going to get it bad, when she least expects it. And she will totally forget that I warned her that is the best part. At church Madi announced her mission call...very excite. Then after all the meetings me and her ran home to have some cake, before we returned to church to hear Matt Lopers farewell talk. It was such a good spiritual experience. Overall it was a really really good weekend, and an awesome Sunday!!

This has been one of my favorite birthdays ever! I am so blessed to have such good fun friends that gave me such an awesome day yesterday :) And I am so excite for Madi, it has become so real now that there is a place and a date, but she is going to be one of the greatest missionaries and I am so proud of her. FRIENDS YAY!!!




3 comments:

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

I'm so sad I missed Matt's farewell talk!! :( I had no idea it was yesterday! But it sounds like you had a super birthday weekend!! Even with the lack of sleep, haha...

Madison said...

ahhh hahahaha your post made me laugh so hard! You shalll neevvverrr scareee mee! :) I am glad you liked your present :) I like it too and kinda wanted to keep it... :/ oh well! ;) I love you the mostest and am sorry you never get to sleep when I am around, I never can sleep anymore! I feel like my brain never shuts off! BAH! anyways...bonus nachos seniorita!

Katie said...

love you!!!!!